Monday, December 6, 2010

Update from Snickers

Here is the latest news from Snickers:

Good news here. Yesterday (12/4/10) mom was doing wonderful, (clear of mind) so I took mom over to the memory care community for her first time visit. She loved it there and seemed to feel right at home. So funny, we hadn't planned to go do that yesterday, it was a last minute thought. So as I took mom around touring the place, it was brought to our attention there was a single room/bath just made available and only one left. Mom and I went to see it. She fell in love with it and wanted to put her deposit down right then and there.

We've made plans for Monday to talk with management and see what we can do to help mom get in. Although last night at home I reminded mom that Popcorn and I always sleep on our big decisions and we'll see how she feels in the morning when she wakes up. I just kept thinking how our Lord orders our foot steps and leads the way for us. Praise His Holy name. I have done a lot of home work on Orchard's Pointe (the Memory Care Community). I've found nothing but good so far.

Please keep us in prayer as we consider this change for mother. It seems mom realizes her need to not be left alone but doesn't want to be a burden to Popcorn and me even though we
have reassured her the Lord has planned this season of life for us all. Yet while she is clear of mind and wants to be where the Lord will use her best, it would appear He is leading her and us to help her in this change. I pray the Lord will bring her to your minds and hearts as we travel this road. This world is not our home we're just a passing through...

Snickers

No comments:

Post a Comment