Tuesday, April 26, 2011

OAR

Mom is all moved in to OAR (Olympic Alzheimer Residence) and below is the latest update from Snickers.
=====
Dear family, and prayer warriors,

Thank you so much for your prayers. God has heard our call and has calmed the storm with His Peace. Monday the 25th we did the move in for Mom at the Memory Care Community (Alzheimer's). Before leaving our house I began to feel a wee bit frantic as I could tell my mother was stressing. Things calmed as we all got into the van, mom, my sister-in-law, and me. My husband, and brother followed with the truck load. Upon our arrival the staff went into action with smiles, and welcomes directing mom into her new environment. Thank you God, thank you God. They know what they are doing. We the family were able to take care of the move in, and the financial part within a few hours. We made sure her side of the room was as close to the arrangement of her bedroom here in my home. Mom was pleased, I could tell. We had the circle of prayer including her new roommate, Margie. Thank you MY LORD. We returned to my home, had some food, and a good visit as we still had more paperwork to finish. By 5pm, my brother and his wife had left, and my husband had to attend a meeting at the church. Guess what? I fell asleep in the easy chair and slept for two hours. Then I was able to hit the hay and still have a good night's sleep. Note, of course I forgot her hairspray...LOL, but that didn't matter. I talked with my brother this morning and she had already been to the beauty salon. My mom is a retired hair dresser. She's right at home, along with a Christian, Mariners Fan, roommate. At 88, how good does it get! Please, when the Lord brings us to your mind do pause and remember us, Mom and the family in prayer. Pray also for the staff at OAR.

He Hears,

sister sheep... Snickers

No comments:

Post a Comment